Friday 4 December 2015

6th Reflection - My Students, My Classroom Rules :)

This time around in my blog I would be talking on : 
Rules I would imply as a class teacher in my classroom :) 

          Rules in a classroom are an important element in ensuring the flow of teaching and learning in the classroom becomes conducive. As a teacher, may it class teacher or subject teacher I feel it is important that teachers become the rule maker in order for the students to abide to it in creating a wholesome future. I would touch on 4 main rules that I trust would be useful. :)


          The rule I would apply in my classroom as a class teacher is firstly it is  important that students have a study area by their own behind the classroom where they can have their time alone or with a few friends of them(3 – 4) can actually sit together and have a discussion by their own. Previously, when I was teaching in a kindergarten, I created a space at the back of the classroom where my students could actually go to the area and have their time out reading and if they don’t understand certain thing I would bring them to that area and teach them. That space also became a reading space where I brought in story books and as well as their compulsory “Peter and Jane” book which they have to read in class every day without fail. I feel it is important that this area is there for students because it could enhance students interest to study and as well as it acts as a medium where students can take their time out from the stressful teaching and learning time in their own spaces in classroom. 

Example of relaxing space behind the classroom from Google that could created by teacher and students. :)




          Next, the rule I would apply in my classroom as a class teacher would be students should constantly update their notice board. The rationale behind this is it makes the classroom more conducive for teaching and learning process. Relating this to my teaching experience in the kindergarten, I would make it a point to actually do art works with the students firstly to bring their talent out and as well as to use the art works to stick it on the notice board to appreciate their effort and when they feel they are all so not motivated and when they are in their own world of not listening to what I say, I would actually use the notice board as a boost for them. I would praise them for the effort and trust me it actually works. Kids are engrossed to praises so yeah that’s the trick here! ;) hehe We can even use this in the context of high school, teachers should encourage their students to stick whatever they want related to studies may it be art, poetry or even testimonials. It doesn’t even only brings out the talent of the student but also beautifies the classroom. 
One of my student, Hadif admiring the notice board we did together :) 
         
          Furthermore, the next rule I would imply in classroom is spread love and not hatred. It is important students love their classmates as we love ourselves because students are the ones who is almost always together and love should be grown in between them in order to prevent any sought of circumstances in the classroom. I would find ways for example placing and encouraging students to sit with friends from different races. This would not only ensure unity but also enable students to learn more from each one's differences. When students tend to love and care for the classmates then no rules is ever needed in classroom because love prevails all evil! ;) During my teaching experience, I had students from different backgrounds of culture and my major concern was will the students be able to get along with one another since they are still too small to understand and embrace the differences between them. I always tried to ensure them to actually say nice things in classroom for example praising one another and encouraging them to help others and rewarding them for their good deeds. It did work but it took some time for the students to digest it all. :) 
My previous kindergarten students are a living testimony that it is possible to create love and unity among classmates :) P.S : Excuse Hadif's strict face, he purposely did it haha He was the "big brother" in the class that always took care of the rest! :)  


Spread love people, not hatred! :) P.S : Pic of one of my student, Zara ;) 



          In addition, the next rule I would imply in classroom is I would stress on the importance of classroom duty roster. It is only fair if each and every one takes turn to do their task cleaning the classroom. It doesn't only engage students to work together but also enables them to actually study in a clean and conducive classroom. As a class teacher, I myself would prepare the classroom duties because if its given to one person to do it, they would choose the easiest task for them and as well as their friends too, so I myself would allocate their task and encourage them by rewarding the day that is cleanest compared to other days. When students actually know the hardship of cleaning a place, then it would promote good deeds in them for example they won't loiter in public places and more. This could cultivate good deeds and produce a good set of generation that gives good importance to cleanliness.


That's all from me for now, I hope this four ru
les I shared would be useful for future teachers out there. Have a good day beautiful people :)

2 comments:

  1. Your ideas do really make sense which will help the future educators to be responsible in their classroom management part. Your experiences are worth reading and your former students are very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thank you so much Mythu. Glad my ideas could help you in a way! :) <3

    ReplyDelete